Friday, May 8, 2009

Use of Technology

Being involved with Film 150 and service learning, I've done things for this class that I never thought I'd have to do or expected to do like go to the North Side.
I have never used a Mac before and have tried to avoid using technology as much as I can in my life but being in this class, there was no way for me to get through it without using technology. I've rented filming equipment like cameras, lights, microphones,and tripods from the equipment room. I've been to three resident interviews one for which I held up the light, another where I set up the camera and filmed the interview unfortunately the sound didn't come through and I helped film another interview where everything seemed to have gone alright. The footage for the Jacobs Interview is a bit shaky so I had to put in a photo montage where several pictures are shown as voices are heard in the background and the interview progresses. Being technology illiterate as well as Mac illiterate it took me two days to get Jacobs Interview 1 the way it is. In the clip the Jacobs talk about a memory they have of when someone broke into their home long ago. This memory helps people form an idea of what Johnsons Park use to be but no longer is.



I tried to start the photo montage more in the middle of the clip so viewers had a few seconds to familiarize themselves with the Jacobs before they got to see Johnsons Park. I lingered on photos with a lot of detail and that I thought looked good then I did with the more simple pictures. In the middle there is a break from the photo montage where we see the original footage of the Jacobs and then there is another photo montage. The clip ends with the Jacobs talking because that way it seems more organized and the video is about them and their experiences not the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers